Basic U6 Rules:
- 3 on the field, 2 fields playing simultaneously
- No goalies
- No corner kicks (all balls that go out on end line will be goal kicks)
- Teach proper throw ins but do not penalize
- 15 minute halves
- Home wears Blue (this applies to all Empire games)
- Sub at any stoppage
- No headers
U8 Laws of the Games - Modified Rules
- Minutes per Half: 20
- One Fields with 5 Field Players Total (this includes a goalie).
- Minimum players to start: 4 per field
- Ball size #3
- Parent Referees are encouraged to provide instruction whenever appropriate.
- Goal keeper can not punt the ball
- No headers
Field of Play:
- One field approximately 30 yards wide x 50 yards long
- Goals are to be 6 Feet Tall x 12 Feet Wide
- Center Cirle is to be an 8 yard radius
- No Goal Box, but a single Penalty Area will be provided.
- Substitutions are allowed during any stoppage of play (Throw-In, Goal Kick, Kick-Off, Corner Kick, Indirect Kick, and Injury)
- In the event of an illegal throw-in the player shall be provided a second try.
- If the second throw-in is also "illegal" play shall continue and the players coach should reteach the skill to the player during an appropriate time such as half time or at their next team practice.
- The 6-second rule does not apply.
- However, goalkeepers that walk around the Penalty Area for an extended amount of time shall be encouraged to place the ball in play by the Parent Referee.
- No punting-goalie must throw the ball to a player
- All Free Kicks (including Kick-Offs) are to be Indirect Free Kicks.
- A goal can not be scored directly from an Indirect Free Kick.
- The Referee shall raise one arm into the air above their head and keep it raised until a second player touches the ball. The second player touching the ball may be from either team.
- If the goalkeeper forgets this rule, and tries to play the ball, resulting in it deflecting off of him/her into their own goal it will count as a goal since a second player touched the ball.
- Goal Kicks are to be taken from the top of the Penalty Area.
- All players are to be a minimum of 8 Yards from the ball for Goal Kicks.
- Only gross offsides will be called, and at the referee’s discretion.
- The Under 8 division does not have penalty kicks.
- All Free Kicks in the Under 8 division are to be Indirect Free Kicks.
- No slide tackling is allowed in the Under 8 division.
Exceptions for Hot Conditions:
- On hot days the coaches may agree to convert the game from 2 halves to either 3 periods or 4 quarters as they deem appropriate.
- No games shall be rescheduled due to excessive heat.
U10 Laws of the Games - Modified Rules
* Minutes per Half: 25
* One Field with 7 Field Players Total (including the goalie)
* Minimum players to start: 5 per field
* Ball size #4
New Rules: Goalies must throw the ball to a player, opposite team needs to leave the "Build Out" area, and there are no headers. Build Out line is also used as the Offsides line.
* In the event of an illegal throw-in the other team is given the ball to throw-in.
* The 6-second rule does apply
* However, goalkeepers that walk around the Penalty Area for an extended amount of time shall be encouraged to place the ball in play prior to enforcing this rule
* All Free Kicks (including Kick-Offs) are to be Indirect Free Kicks.
* A goal cannot be scored directly from an Indirect Free Kick.
* The Referee shall raise one arm into the air above their head and keep it raised until a second player touches the ball. The second player touching the ball may be from either team.
* If the goalkeeper forgets this rule, and tries to play the ball, resulting in it deflecting off of him/her into their own goal it will count as a goal since a second player touched the ball.
* Offsides will be called per the FIFA Laws of the Game. See above.
* The Under 10 Recreational Division does not have penalty kicks.
* All Free Kicks in the Under 10 Recreational Division are to be Indirect Free Kicks.
Exceptions for Hot Conditions:
* On excessively hot days (i.e. 100 degrees or more) the coaches may agree to convert the game from 2 halves to either 3 periods or 4 quarters as they deem appropriate.
U19 Recreation Co‐Ed Rules
1.NO SLIDE TACKLES PERIOD. Field players who slide tackle will be cautioned and a Direct Free kick to the opponents will be awarded.
- will be allowed to slide if (in the opinion of the referee) it is safe. If not deemed safe, then it will be “dangerous play”, and an Indirect Free kick will be awarded to the opponents.
- NO PASS, NO PLAY, NO EXCEPTIONS. All team members will be required to check in with their membership passes.
3. DIRECT FREE KICKS (including Penalty Kicks) must be taken by the women.
4.MINIMUM NUMBER OF PLAYERS. There must be 7 players present and on the field at all times, 5 may be men. Less than 7 players means the game is over.
5.MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PLAYERS. No more than 11 players on the field, 6 may be men including the Goalkeeper. SUBSTITUTIONS, man for man, a woman can sub for a man; (but not the other way around). The Goal Keeper must be a man.
6.SUBSTITIONS can be made by either team on a Throw In, Kick Off or an Injury time‐out. Team in possession can sub on a Corner Kick or Goal kick.
If a team elects (not mandatory) to sub on a caution they may do so, the other team will be allowed to sub also. This is a one‐for‐one sub situation.
7.All FIFA, CAL North and District 5. Playing rules stand except as modified above. The Referee’s decision is final; there will be no challenges to the referees for their decisions.