We are aware of and remain vigilant regarding the current uptick in COVID-19 cases. The safety of our players, teams, spectators, and volunteers is our top priority. We will continue to follow all applicable orders and best practices relating to COVID-19, especially with regard to youth sports and outdoor competition. Currently, outdoor soccer competitions and practices are allowed and they will continue as scheduled. However, certain circumstances may arise that will require that certain players, teams, or events to be held back, modified, or cancelled. Not only may this be required under applicable health orders and other rules, but it also is the best way to ensure that all involved remain safe and healthy throughout the season. Should any COVID positive test or direct contact with a confirmed positive person occur within any Empire team, we stress the need for prompt communication with coaches or a member of our Board so that all appropriate measures can be taken. In these events, Empire is committed to preserving the anonymity of those involved much as may be permitted, while also aiming to provide as much notification to affected persons as may be appropriate.
Together, we can best ensure a successful soccer season under all the circumstances of COVID. We would like to take this time to remind you of the following:
- Unless notified on an individual or team basis, trainings and games will go on as scheduled.
- Masks are not required for players or coaches outdoors. However, each player is encouraged to wear masks as much as possible (including while not actively playing or practicing soccer), and any decision for a player to wear a mask during games or practices is ultimately up to each player's family and will be fully respected.
- Upon being informed regarding a positive COVID-19 case or known close-contact exposure to COVID-19, we will take appropriate measures under the circumstances based on health order guidance, including assessment of potential impact to other players, notification to impacted persons, and observing breaks from activity as warranted.
- We will continue to pause team trainings/games as needed, if necessary to minimize risks of player-to-player and team-to-team transmission before resuming with any impacted group.
- Please continue to remind players to follow sanitization practices and be responsible in social situations.
- Pursuant to league directive from our NorCal Soccer governing body, all coaches and/or team managers must immediately inform the ESC Comp Director (for Comp players) and The Club President or VP (for Rec players) with any information regarding a Covid positive player, or any potential exposure.