U8 Laws of the Games - Modified Rules
- Minutes per Half: 20
- One Fields with 4 Field Players and a Goalkeeper on each field simultaneously
- Minimum players to start: 4 per field
- Ball size #3
- Parent Referees are encouraged to provide instruction whenever appropriate.
- Goal Keeper can not punt the ball when it is in their hands. They must roll or throw the ball to a team mate.
Field of Play:
- One field approximately 30 yards wide x 50 yards long
- Goals are to be 6 Feet Tall x 12 Feet Wide
- Center Cirle is to be an 8 yard radius
- No Goal Box, but a single Penalty Area will be provided.
- Substitutions are allowed during any stoppage of play (Throw-In, Goal Kick, Kick-Off, Corner Kick, Indirect Kick, and Injury)
- In the event of an illegal throw-in the player shall be provided a second try.
- If the second throw-in is also "illegal" play shall continue and the players coach should reteach the skill to the player during an appropriate time such as half time or at their next team practice.
- The 6-second rule does not apply.
- However, goalkeepers that walk around the Penalty Area for an extended amount of time shall be encouraged to place the ball in play by the Parent Referee.
- All Free Kicks (including Kick-Offs) are to be Indirect Free Kicks.
- A goal can not be scored directly from an Indirect Free Kick.
- The Referee shall raise one arm into the air above their head and keep it raised until a second player touches the ball. The second player touching the ball may be from either team.
- If the goalkeeper forgets this rule, and tries to play the ball, resulting in it deflecting off of him/her into their own goal it will count as a goal since a second player touched the ball.
- Goal Kicks are to be taken from the top of the Penalty Area.
- All players are to be a minimum of 8 Yards from the ball for Goal Kicks.
- Only gross offsides will be called, and at the referee’s discretion.
- The Under 8 division does not have penalty kicks.
- All Free Kicks in the Under 8 division are to be Indirect Free Kicks.
- No slide tackling is allowed in the Under 8 division.
Exceptions for Hot Conditions:
- On hot days the coaches may agree to convert the game from 2 halves to either 3 periods or 4 quarters as they deem appropriate.
- No games shall be rescheduled due to excessive heat.
- No games shall be rescheduled due to field closure from rain in the Under 8 division.
- Coaches may not reschedule their own games due to rainout.